Thursday 16 April 2009

My Thursday Simple Woman's Day Book

Sorry this is Thursday but I am away at the weekend and back to work on Monday so here is a Simple Woman's Thursday day book

Outside my window...
it is overcast and foggy looking but ...


I am thinking...
that just maybe the sun will come and it will be warm. It thundered yesterday.


I am thankful for ...
the help my 5 year old grandson gave me in washing the car on Tuesday. It was very patchy but he did a good job. When we started I asked him to do the wheels but he said "Nana, can I do the car please because I did the wheels with my dad, he wouldn't let me do the car and I'd like to do the car part" what could I say but yes.


From the learning rooms ...
I am in Exodus at the moment and yes I'm learning that with God, all things are possible.


From the kitchen ...
bacon for breakfast with tomato sauce (my treat for the week as I don't normally do breakfast oh maybe I'll just have cornflakes instead)


I am wearing...
jeans and a pale pink sweatshirt


I am creating ...
drama faces, the ones where one is happy one is sad. I'm going to try and enamel it, hence the reason for aching arms today as I was cutting out the design in copper yesterday and as I'm not the most fit of persons my arms always ache.


I am going ...
to York tomorrow for the weekend. Staying somewhere that I just can't remember the name of. It's the enamel guild conference and there's workshops. I'm really looking forward to it.


I am hearing...
not a lot really just the whirring of the computer. The double glazed windows keep a lot of the noice out which is sad as sometimes I don't even hear the birds.


Around the house...
Still plenty of spring cleaning to do, throwing away the things that haven't been used for years but that I keep ... just in case they come in handy for something.


A few plans for the rest of the week ...
It's back to work on Monday, so I'll be too shattered to do anything by the time I get home but it's nearing the time that Sam's baby is due and she had pain yesterday so baby may come early ... watch this space.


Here is picture thought I am sharing... it's Ben and Tom's handprints. Sam did this with them a while ago but I think it is just a fab idea and one that I might try and enamel one day.

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like a fun weekend in York. I remember being in York back in the mid '80s with my Mom and cousins of my Dad who live in Stockon-on-Tees and Edinburgh. It was a great trip. Have a wonderful time at your conference!!

    Cute story too about the car-washing. I can tell those grandsons bring you such joy ;-)

    Hugs xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. awww, I love that picture, what a neat idea, especially with both hand prints. She can add baby girl hand prints soon - then I would frame it.
    Have a lovely weekend in York.
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello, I just wanted to thank you for writing on my blog. May God bless you. I thank God for my Christain Sister from the UK! Do you have a website with your crafts and jewelry? I would love to see your creations?

    Grace and Peace

    ReplyDelete